Wednesday 29 August 2012

Fishtail Plait/New Haircut/FOTD 29/08/12!

So.. That title is a long one, and quite a tongue twister too! It's a 3 in 1 blog post today, and I am currently uploading the OOTD that you can see in the pictures below so I will be making a blog post linking it, if you would like to see. :)
I only learnt how to do a fishtail braid yesterday, from Tanya Burr's video (or pix2woo on YouTube) which I will link here, and I have to admit, it is pretty difficult at first! I couldn't do it, I didn't understand where the strands of hair were meant to go but eventually, if you keep practising (I was practising most of the night!) you eventually get into a rhythm and your hands begin to know where to go. I think it is just such a nice change from the classic braid, where you section 3 pieces etc etc, it just has a completely different look to it, you can make it messy or keep it tight and I think it is a very elegant where to style your hair.

I also got my haircut today, it doesn't actually look that different, all I got was my dead ends off my hair, I didn't get any of my layers cut back in because my hair honestly grows back at the speed of light, there is no point! However, I did get a lot off my fringe to make it flow better again, as before it would go curly at the ends which would make it harder to style, as if I straightened it it would stick up all over the place! I also asked to get my fringe thinned a lot, because as I said, my hair grows back very fast therefore my hair is very thick, and I don't want my hair to be heavy on my face as it will just annoy me.

On a side note, I will be changing shampoo and will be doing a blog post on why I am doing this, as the shampoo I am using is, well, basically awful and is kind of pointless in what it aims to achieve. Keep an eye out for that tomorrow!
Head tilt.. LOOK AT HOW FLOWY MY FRINGE IS! Bravo to my hairdresser!
I also thought I would do a FOTD as I really liked my make-up today, I bought some things recently that I tried out today and I LOVE them; those things were MUA's eyeshadow in Matt, Revlon's ColorBust Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake and Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder, and oh my goodness, I am in love with both these products! I will be doing separate reviews on them very soon, probably tomorrow or Friday, so keep an eye out for that also! 
Just a wee cheeky close up of my make-up, my face looks extremely weird here so I apologise but can we just focus on the make-up please!

Make-up I am wearing:
Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Believe in Me, Ivory
Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Translucent
Mac's Powder Blush in Buff
MUA's Eyeshadow in Matte (Shade 16)
Benefit's Big Beautiful Eyes Kit in the lightest shade
Topshop's Smokey Eye Palette in Tawny in the lightest two colours
Topshop's Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Saddle
Benefit's Bad Gal Mascara
Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake

So that is about it for my 3 in 1 blogpost today! I am currently watching the Paralympics and it has inspired me to do a video talking about it, was nearly in tears earlier and the opening ceremony hasn't even finished. All I can say is that the Paralympics are exceptionally inspirational to me. Anyway, I hope you all are having a wonderful day and I will talk to you very soon :)

Hannah, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...