Saturday 31 August 2013

Night Out Look #1 - Burgundy Glam - 25/08/13


Hi everyone! Long time no see, to be honest I forgot to blog due to being so busy! The last time I blogged was in April when I was just starting to study for my final University exams (which I passed with merit!!) and then I was on holiday twice this summer (to New York and Azerbaijan - will do separate blog posts of pictures soon) so now I'm back :) I don't know what my schedule will be but I know I want to blog as I honestly miss it, I still read new blogs every day and have done even though I haven't been posting, so I decided I want to post at least a couple of posts a week, I should manage that when I'm at University too, as I go back on the 23rd of September and have a couple of days off a week to catch up on my work.

Anyway, I'll do a proper catch up blog post soon, but for now I'm going to show you my make-up and outfit from a night out last week! Also, these photos were taken from my iPhone 5 so sorry they are not the best quality, will take photos from my proper camera from now on (or when I can).


As you can see I went quite dark for this night out as on a regular basis I don't wear a lot of make-up and I usually go for very subtle looks, so I thought why not? Sometimes dressing up and wearing a lot of make-up is a good thing, and this look really boosted my confidence for the night! 


List of make-up:
Mac Paint Pot in Painterly
Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hr in 35 On and on Bronze
Soap & Glory Lid Stuff in What's Nude (used all 4 shades - absolutely love this palette!)
MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Heaven and Earth (only used the dark shimmery browns)
Urban Decay Palette de Fard a Paupiéres (only used Twice Baked - a dark shimmery brown)
L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Black Lacquer
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 012 Bronze and 005 Nude
Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara
Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 024 Red Diva
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107


This burgundy dress (I'm a size 12 in this dress and I'm 5 ft 11 just in case you want to buy it and don't know what size you are) is from boohoo.com and I think it was £12, which is a bargain! I love this website so much and I don't have a bad thing to say about it, the clothes are lovely and they have so much choice. I paired my dress with black heels from Dorothy Perkins, and I kept the accessories to a minimal, only wearing a simple gold necklace (Forever 21) that you can see in the first two photos, as my make-up was so bold that I wanted everything else to be very subtle and simple. I also curled my hair as my dress is very tight and simple, so I thought curled hair would look better than straight hair.

I think that's everything for this blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading this and if you have any suggestions on what you want to see or if you want any reviews of the products I used to create this look then let me know. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day. 

Hannah :) xxx

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...