Thursday 30 August 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Review + Swatches

Yesterday after I had my haircut I could not resist not going into Boots and Superdrug! I heard that this powder was amazing from the lovely Tanya Burr and since I have always wanted to get rid of the shine on my face, I thought I would give it a go. It was only £3.99 so I thought, if I didn't like it, then it wouldn't be a major regret as it didn't cost a lot.

I had no idea what shade to pick, as I originally went into Superdrug because I have their beauty card so I get points for every purchase I make, however there were no testers so I didn't want to buy any shade, as I am extremely pale so I need to be sure the shade I buy will match my skin and not make me look either more pale than I already am, or too orange!

I ended up going to Boots and they did have testers so I bought the lightest colour (at least I think it is the lightest colour) which was 001 Translucent, as I think it matched my skin tone best.


As you can see below it is just a plain, matte powder; there is no shimmer or sparkle or anything like that through it, which is good, as I personally don't like having too much shine or shimmer on my face as my face is shiny enough as it goes through stages of being oily in some areas, especially my forehead, nose and cheeks (basically my T zone) and then my eyelids and jaw are usually very dry, and this powder does not accentuate the dry areas and definitely reduces the shine on my face. An added bonus is when you apply this to your skin, it literally just disappears and makes your skin look 10 times better, and it doesn't look over powdery (if that makes sense!)



As you can see, the packaging is quite poor. I was a bit bleh with the fact that it didn't come with a sponge applicator, as it means if I wanted to put more on throughout the day, I would have to bring a separate sponge/brush that didn't fit inside the container, which makes it a hassle to reapply, if I needed too. I am also a bit anxious that it might fall open, as I feel unsure about how secure the container is. Furthermore, it might make a mess if it gets bashed about my bag, if I bring it to Uni for example, it will be in with all my books. The packaging is plastic, which I don't mind, I wouldn't expect anymore for a £4 product.


However, despite the bad packaging, I absolutely love the product. It does exactly what it says which is to control natural shine on your face, and I would definitely recommend this for people with more oily skin, or even people who just need a new powder/prefer a matte finish. The product is extremely cheap considering how high quality it is, and I will be repurchasing this when I run out (even though I only bought it yesterday!) I was also thinking of buying the Stay Matte foundation, but I am unsure as it doesn't have very good reviews online. Has anyone tried it, and if you have, what did you think of it, and if you haven't, what do you think of the foundation?

I hope you all are having a wonderful day, and I will talk to you very soon. :)

Hannah, xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...