Hello everyone, happy October! Starting this month's blog post off with a double whammy of the Liebster award, I was nominated three times last week or the week before so I thought I would do them both in the one post for you all. Hope you enjoy!
If you've never heard of this award before it's basically a tag that people do to get new bloggers or bloggers that don't have many followers a chance to shine. The rules are you get nominated, you answer the 10 questions then you nominate people with less than 200 followers and then let them know you nominated them so they can answer the 10 questions you have set for them, and it goes on and on.
Anyway, first of all, 10 questions from the lovely Jesse!
1. What's the best movie you've watched in 2013?
Oh god I am the worst at remembering films! I recently saw White House Down and it was pretty good, also Grown Ups 2 and Despicable Me 2 were great!
2. Who's your favorite Youtuber/Blogger?
Oh lord, this is difficult, I have so many favourites! Probably one that is under both categories is Zoella.
3. If you could go on a date with any book or movie character, who would it be?
Either Edward Cullen cause I used to be a Twilight mega fan, Mr Darcy cause he is just bloody amazing or that 50 Shades of Grey guy (never read the book) just cause he seems like.. An interesting fellow shall we say? They were the first three characters I thought of, maybe if I was more patient and actually thought about my answer for a while I'd pick different characters but these will do fine!
4. What/Who is your guilty pleasure?
Anything cringey. One Direction, Backstreet Boys, High School Musical 1-3.. Anything that is a guilty pleasure, is my guilty pleasure.
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Probably to heal people or create a shield to protect people. Or have awesome angels wings and fly about. All three would be nice really!
6. Name one song that you always skip but never delete? (we all know we have that)
I actually have like 500 songs that are in this category, from Snow Patrol to Calvin Harris.
7. If you had one chance to ask your future self a question, what would it be?
I would probably ask myself if I'm happy with my life and if I've done everything I want to accomplish the now. Oaft. How deep.
8. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely restuarant chicken liver pate. So weird, but I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT! It seriously drives everyone insane because if a restuarant does chicken liver pate for starters I will order it and eat it in about 2.5 seconds. It just tastes so much different to supermarket pate!
9. If you could trade lives with any person for one day, who would it be?
Definitely either Barack Obama or one of my parents. I want to see what it's like to be the President for a day, or what it's like to be one of the two people that created me.. How odd.
10. What did you have for breakfast today?
I had an Innocent smoothie carton (think it has mango, pineapple and banana in it) and two strawberry nutri-grain bars. Staple breakfast!
Now, onto the questions from the lovely Hannah! (Nice name by the way ;D)
1. What is your favourite highstreet shop?
Probably Topshop or Urban Outfitters, even if they are ridiculously overpriced!
2. What makeup item couldn't you live without?
I don't think I have a staple product that I couldn't live without but I know I would not be able to live without powder or mascara!
3. What is your favourite item of clothing you own?
Probably my "Keep Calm and Kill Zombies" t-shirt, it's super comfy and huge on me and I just love it.
4. Silver, gold or rose gold jewellry?
Probably a mix of all three but I tend to go for gold, if I wear any at all.. I'm the worst at remembering to put some on.
5. What have you studied and what are you studying now? (If you are currently
I did loads of Highers (Maths, English, Psychology History, Geography, Modern Studies, Administration) and Int 2s which are basically lower than a Higher but higher than a Standard Grade (Maths & Cooking) and came out with 5 A's and 4 B's and I'm now in second year at Uni studying Psychology and History!
6. What made you want to start blogging?
I just remember reading Zoella's blog and from there reading other people's blogs, and from there I was just fascinated by beauty and fashion and was then inspired to create my own blog to share my thoughts. It's basically my little creative beauty corner of the internet, my internet home.
7. What is your dream job?
Probably either a Psychologist or a detective in the police (forever wishing my life was like Beckett in Castle or Bones in.. Bones!)
8. What is your perfect first date?
Suit and tie, dress, food, flowers, starry night, connections, romance.. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic.
9. How do you stop procrastination?
Uhm, I don't.. Nah, I just think to myself that I need to do this work or else I'll fail and it'll effect my grades and that usually gets me going. I basically think of my life being totally screwed up if I don't finish writing an essay and it usually does the trick!
10. Do you think you'll still be blogging in 5 years time?
Who knows, I'll tell you in 5 years I suppose!
And finally, the last questions from the yet again, lovely Lexie!
1) Why did you start your blog?
See above in the last 10 questions!
2) If you could only have one beauty item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'm really not sure.. Like genuinely. Probably a base, like a concealer, but then I think oh god I need powder, and mascara.. One of those three!
3) If you had £1000, what would you spend it on, make-up or clothes?
Definitely clothes, I think I would end up not using a lot of the make-up as £1000 is a lot of money! So I would probably end up wasting make-up whereas with clothes, it's more expensive so you wouldn't get as much and I would therefore wear the clothes I got more? If that even makes sense.
4) What are your favourite blogs to follow?
Basically all the blogs I follow are amazing and I love them all but the ones I thought of first were Caroline from burkatron, Gemma from missmakeupmagpie, Fee from makeupsavvy, Amy from alittleboatsailing, TheSundayGirl and Fredie from ferdies-place!
5) What is your favourite make-up brand?
Automatically I would have said Revlon but thinking about it, I have way more Rimmel products than Revlon.. It's a close tie between the two!
6) What is your all-time favourite lipstick? Brand and colour?
I don't have an all-time favourite, however I tend to gravitate towards Revlon, then Rimmel, then Mac and Soap & Glory.
7) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love South Africa so there, or New Zealand/Australia/Thailand as I've not been there before and those were the first three that popped into my head, so I must want to go!
8) What is your number one beauty secret/tip?
Let. Your. Skin. Breathe. I just don't understand how people could constantly wear a full face of make-up everyday and then SLEEP with it on?! Gurl, if you do this, just stop it. STOP IT NOW. Your skin needs to breathe, so yes, have a no make-up day once in a while! Your skin will thank you for it.
9) What is your favourite clothes shop?
Again, see above. :)
10) Who is your celebrity idol?
To be honest I don't think so, I mean I have idols but they are not celebrities.. One being Nelson Mandela for example.
11) Any advice for a new blogger?
Blog what you want to blog, blog what you like and most importantly have fun! You are not going to be a professional blogger straight away, heck, I'm still new really and I am not professional at all! Don't feel influenced to blog about certain things or change how you write posts or whatever. Just do what you want to do and blog what you want, and enjoy yourself - don't get all stressed out, have fun! :)
Your questions from me are:
1) Have you got a hidden talent?
2) What are your thoughts on Apple products?
3) Have you got a dupe for a high-end beauty product?
4) What was your first make-up item?
5) What's one embarrassing beauty fail/disaster you have had?
6) Favourite TV show?
7) What is one thing you are proud of that you have done/achieved?
8) What do you do apart from blogging? (school, uni, work etc)
9) Healthy food or junk food?
10) Why did you start buying make-up in the first place?
So that's about it for this hefty long post, hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me through these questions. Do you have any suggestions on what you want to see on my blog? Please let me know.
Have a lovely day and don't stop smiling. :)