Sunday 2 September 2012

OOTE 01/09/12 - sHE was a Sk8er boi!

Hey everyone! So it's currently 2am and I am writing a blog post. What has happened to me, I should be sleeping! I'm considering doing an all-nighter so that come tomorrow I will be so tired I'll conk out early and then viola, sleeping pattern is back on target! 

Anyway, tonight I went to a party for my friend and boyfriend's joint 21st and I wore this outfit (I know the camera quality is so bad in the picture below, but it was getting late so the natural light just wasn't doing it in my room so this is my Mum's tiny mirror, but you get the picture (get it.. Get the picture.. Cause it's a picture.. ha ha ha!)) 

The dress I wore is from boohoo.com and unfortunately it is not on sale anymore as I got it in the sale last year, but if you google "burgundy skater dress" you will get TONS of replicas! This dress is adorable, and I love how you can either wear it really casually, or in this occasion, dress it up and be all fancy! It's just a t-shirt burgandy skater dress that goes in at the waist and flares out at the hips/legs, which makes your waist look thinner and your boobs bigger and generally make you look curvy, which is not a bad thing!

I decided to take a shower that morning and let my hair dry naturally, as my hair is naturally curly, but my curls are messy, which I wanted to achieve for this look as I feel curls would look better with this type of dress than with straight hair, as the dress is so simple and straight forward.


As from what I said earlier, this dress is designed to be tight around the chest, tight at the waist and then loosen up and flick out from the waist down, giving the illusion that your chest is bigger, your waist is thinner and that you overall are quite curvy.

I decided to wear this gorgeous black plaited belt with this dress as because the dress is just a plain burgundy colour with no pattern, I thought this belt would spice things up a bit! I got this belt at a local boutique when I was in South Africa and I unfortunately cannot remember the name of the shop, sorry. However, I'm sure if you google "black horseshoe buckle belts" you'll find something similar! What I love about this belt is the gold horseshoe buckle, it is very elegant and classic but at the same time bold and will make a plain dress a lot more interesting.


My shoes are just plain black shoes with not a huge heel, as I am nearly six foot without heels, but wearing heels on a formal night just makes the outfit for me. They have a strap to support my feet and a simple gold buckle, which matches my belt nicely.


I kept my accessories at a low as I wanted this outfit to be very simple, so I chose my Fossil rose gold/silver watch as I thought it would match perfectly and compliment the gold from my belt and the silver from my bag.


The bag I wore was actually my Mum's black quilted Chanel clutch, as I thought the straps were an exact match to the design of my belt, and even if the metal was silver, it still looked beautiful with my outfit.




The make-up look I was going for with this outfit was a bronzy smokey-eye, with subtle rosy cheeks and subtle pink lips.

Make-up;

Benefit's the Porefessional
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation
Benefit Erase Paste
Mac Powder Blush in Buff
MUA Eyeshadow in Matt (Shade 16)
Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes kit
Topshop Smokey Eye Palette in Tawny
Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Shade 21
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Topshop Kohl Pencil Eyeliner in Saddle
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Translucent
Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter in 080 Strawberry Shortcake



And that's about it for my outfit last night! I absolutely love this combination of dress/bag/shoes/make-up and I will definitely use it again! I hope you enjoyed reading this and I will speak to you all very soon. Have a lovely day. :)

Hannah, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...