Sunday 7 September 2014

FOTD & OOTD #9 - Suitable For Paris - 20/08/14

 Hello everyone! Today I'm back with another FOTD & OOTD. Quick question before we get started, I don't know whether to keep "FOTD & OOTD" in the title, to me it's starting to seem a bit messy? I don't know, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I wanted everything that was a sort of 'series' or regular post to have a title to run along with it but now I don't know whether I should just keep the ford & ootd in the tags and or do both like I've always done. Please let me know in the comments what you think is best, it would be much appreciated!



Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon
Lancôme Définicils Mascara
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13 Rouge Jetset 

I forgot I had taken these pictures, so when I was going through some pictures from when I was 14/15 and laughing at them with my Mum (it's good, you should do it some time) I came across these and remembered I wanted to write a blog post on my outfit! I recently bought this lipstick, which you can see from my haul here and desperately wanted to try it out. I need to try it out more, however I know so far that it is super glossy and very red! I can't wait to wear it more and judge how it compares to my other classic red that I always go too.







Outfit:

Hat - H&M
Dress - H&M (not on website)
Blazer - Topshop (old)
Shoes - Clarks (almost exact here)

Usually when I am only going out shopping with my parents, I wear jeans and a t-shirt. But not on this day! I went super fancy and for some reason this reminds me of something someone would wear in Paris - probably super stereotypical, but it's true, the stripes just do it for me! I love the contrast of the dress and lips to the black hat and blazer, I feel they compliment each other very well. I'll definitely be wearing this look again and trying it out with different blazers/jackets and dresses. 

This outfit also reminded me that it's okay to be brave and wear something different. Often I wear what I'm comfortable in, which is jeans and a t-shirt/jumper, however this reminds me that wearing dresses is okay and with a wardrobe full of them, it's about time I give them some love!

That's about it for this post, what are you pushing yourself to wear that's maybe a bit out of your comfort zone, or if you haven't yet, then what would you want to wear that's out your comfort zone?

Have a lovely day, and don't stop smiling. :)

Hannah, xx

25 comments:

  1. the lip color is gorgeous on your skin tone!

    http://fifthseoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a stunning look! I love it, and I am now determined to wear more dresses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely look! I love the nautical stripes and I'm super jealous of your hat!

    Niamh xx

    itsmeniamhalice - beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend has the exact same dress haha, love that hat by the way!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty & i love this lipstick and how it matches your dress

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah you look gorgeous, and I love your hair! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the whole outfit, especially the hat! The lipstick looks gorgeous on you!

    Sugar Sweet Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so lovely! I love stripes, always go back to them :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stripes look good on anyone, they are so universal and easy to wear! xxx

      Delete
  9. You look gorgeous and I love that hat. I can see what you're saying about having fotd and ootd in the title but if it's a series of posts then I think it's good to keep it there for people that like to follow these posts and can see it's part of the series that they like to read :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this feedback Sadie, it means a lot :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...